Spending time in the sun and surf is fun, but it wrecks havoc on your hair. Salt water, heat, humidity and chlorine can leave you with dry frizziness, which is NOT sexy. Here are a few beauty hair tips to keep you looking “tressedtacular” all summer long…
- Wash and condition every two to three days. Washing your hair every day can strip it of its natural oils. Given the drying conditions of the summer season, shampooing every day will only make your hair drier. If you need to refresh your hair between washes, use a dry shampoo.
- Defend against chlorine or saltwater. Love taking a dip in the pool or ocean? Your hair needs protection either way. Chlorine can be especially harsh on blonde or color-treated hair, but there’s a trick to fighting it. Wet your hair in the shower or use leave-in conditioner before diving in. If your hair is already wet, it absorbs less saltwater or chlorine. Don’t forget to rinse afterwards too.
- Fight frizz. Put life back into your dry, damaged hair and keep frizz under control with a high quality hair serum. Diamond Drop Serum uses diamonds and Argan Oil to smooth out frizz and keep hair lush. Apply it to the ends of wet hair as needed, at least three times a week.
- Use the right styling tools to avoid heat damage. Professional tools are worth the investment and a ceramic, temperature-controlled iron, like our Diamond Flat Iron, is a good example. The temperature is adjustable and the ceramic and diamond-infused plates are the best materials for styling without over-drying.
- Protect your hair color. The sun’s rays aren’t friendly to color-treated hair. To keep your tresses from getting brassy or dull, cover your hair with a hat as much as possible. Not a hat-wearing girl? Use leave-in conditioner instead.
Use these tips for a summer full of great hair days!